"Being a convert to the church"(my famous sentence-starter), I had to give up a few things that I thought I couldn't live without: drinking coffee (I will never forget you, Coffee- Mate amaretto flavored creamer), mall trips after church on Sunday, dressing like a harlot...BUT, all those sacrifices were worth it in order to get to watch church on TV twice a year!!!!! Seriously- conference is great. I always feel so edified and inspired after watching it. I wish Julie B. Beck would speak in conference more. I just think she is great. Wasn't Jeffrey R. Holland's talk so powerful? I was ready to start tracting to the neighbors after his talk.
What else has been going on lately...
This past Wednesday was free day at the Phoenix Zoo!!! Everybody and their mom was aware of this fact; it was ridiculously crowded. As we neared the front of the line to enter the zoo, we were greeted by signs that said "Water main break, No Bathrooms, please plan accordingly." Please plan accordingly??? Doesn't the word plan imply that you had to be aware of the fact beforehand?? Yeah, I thought that was dumb. Plus, our party included 3 pregnant women. Good thing my sister Whitney (not one of the pregnant ones) found a working bathroom. I think the managers at the Phoenix Zoo just posted those signs so that people wouldn't use the bathrooms and run up the water bill. They were trying to save some money on free day.
We had a big group at the zoo (sorry, still talking about this...I don't get out much). Tatum and her cute baby/toddler Lincoln accompanied Sam and me in our truck. Tatum is quite possibly my favorite person in Surprise. She is the most sarcastic girl you will ever meet. I guess I don't have a handle on her sarcasm yet because I was convinced that she was a pathological liar a few times. Whitney was off from work, so she came along with Leah (one of the pregnant ones), and Abbie and Owen (Abbie was the only kid out of the 7 that came that seemed to be aware that we were, in fact, at the zoo). Brenda and Mindy came too. We had a line of 5 strollers. That is funny to me.
SPEAKING OF STROLLERS... Brenda, being the rebel that she is, decided to go off-roading in her stroller (carrying Bastian), and the other 4 stroller-pushers decided to follow. The little hill we were all trying to mount was a lot steeper than we had thought. People besides us were also following Brenda's bad example, trying to cross off-the-sidewalk in our opposite direction. This older lady and her grown daughter were trying to maneuver down the hill in this ridiculous-looking stroller. It looked like a massive popcorn maker. It had a seat in the back that the old grandma lady was pedaling from (yes, it was THAT big of a stroller that it had to be pedalled!!!) As they were going DOWN the hill, Sam and I were making our way UP the hill. All of the sudden, the popcorn stroller pedalled straight into my sweet Sam's stroller, and the old lady at the wheel yelled out, "HEY!!!" as if it were MY fault that she had pedalled her 500 lb. stroller into ME. Don't worry, I didn't apologize (and neither did grandma).
Did you read in this month's Ensign the "blogging guidelines" article?? It said that you will get more blog readers if your entries are brief. Sorry, couldn't follow that one this time. It also said to use opportunites to share the gospel on your blog.
The gospel is true!!!
The End.
7 comments:
You are too funny! I, as a convert, had to give up those things too. It's funny how it seemed like it would be hard, but wasn't. But, sometimes I do crave a frappachino from Starbucks or a raspberry iced tea. :)
oh Allison...You are so funny! I love that conference is on TV, but me being the brave soul that I am went to Utah and attempted to go to conference, yes you guessed it, I failed. I couldn't get there in time to stand in stand by, luckily I was able to go to other locations at Temple Square. I thought Elder Hollands talk was amazing too!!! He is one of my favorites besides Prez Monson.
I know this was a long post that you wrote, but I love them and I always read them, so no worries...keep on writing away.
I always give a little cheer when I see that you have posted again! So keep making my days happy! Yeah that zoo trip was laughable now that it is over and done with!
oh allison i love you. i was laughing out loud thru this post. you are a funny girl.
love the stroller story! a pedal-able stroller!? what the heck?
the ensign had an article on blogging? weird.
I LOVED Elder Hollands' talk! It was probably my favorite...It was somewhat passionately angry....you know what I mean! Well, you are awesome as always!!!!!
i enjoyed your little blog post. i wish we could talk about all of this in person so i don't have to catch up on your life on the internet. oh well.....soon enough.... the gospel is true!! =-)
Will you please find a picture of this popcron stroller and post it?
That is very disturbing. I'm having flashbacks of the granny ghost on Ghostbusters pushing the black baby stroller.
Post a Comment