Saturday, October 10, 2009

11 facts about 11-month-old Samantha

1. Sam is becoming independent. He doesn't like me to feed him anymore; he has to be the one holding the spoon.

2. Sam is picky! (Wonder where he gets that from, DEVIN???)He only likes sugary things (I guess I can thank the thousands of Reese's cups consumed during pregnancy for that trait).

3. Sam is cuddly. He loves his dog, Dixie, and likes to nuzzle his face into her fur.

4. Sam loves his dad. He has a special smile reserved only for Devin.

5. Sam does not sleep through the night. We had about 2 weeks of glory when he was doing so, but those nights are long gone.

6. Sam loves his grandmothers. My mom (Mama D), can make him laugh with little or no effort. Whenever we are over at the Barrys, I am chopped liver and Go Go is the one he wants.

7. Sam loves to be outside. Any foul mood can usually be quelled (sorry, weird word, but oh-so-appropriate) by stepping onto the front porch.

8. Sam takes any and every opportunity to grab himself (sorry...inappropriate? You have no idea how big a part of his personality that is!!!)


9. Sam is spoiled. Devin and I have to rock him until he is sound asleep or he will cry indefinitely (I know, our fault).

10. Sam is a biter. Just this afternoon he locked onto my arm with his teeth. I give him a firm "no," but he doesn't quite get the concept. Any advice is greatly appreciated (and yes, I've heard the "Bite him back" theory).

11. Sam is the world's greatest boy. Didn't you hear? It was on the news last night.

5 comments:

Stacie Aho said...

So funny. Don't worry- he will continue to touch himself for many years. MJ hasn't stopped yet.

And, why, my I ask, are you in the crib with him? How often does that incident occur? Love it!

Ian, Jessica, Halle, Camdyn, and Quinn! said...

He is SERIOUSLY SO SO CUTE! I can't stand it! I can't wait to see you guys again so I can start the matchmaking! Sam and Camdyn Barry! How perfect!

Adam and Anya said...

Cute sam! What will you do for his first birthday??

I'm not sure what the best solution is for biting. Maybe hand him a teething toy before picking him up? So sorry! Biting hurts!

When John first started nursery at church a baby boy bit his face and wouldn't let go. We had to grab the boy's face to release John's cheek. John's little face was bruised and bleeding. It was so sad that I cried with him.

Hang in there! The biting days will pass!

Selena and Russ!! said...

SAM

LOOKS

HUGE.

I'm serious. it's been too long. and where the heck did those teeth come from!?!?!

john and brenda said...

Yup, I LOVE that you get into his crib! I can just picture you climbing over the bars! You good mommy, you! Whispering-I also love that you are chopped liver at my house! HeHe! (Not true always though.)