It was a very weird thing waking up Monday morning knowing that I would have a baby that day. Devin and I took Sam out to breakfast at McDonald's so he could play in the play-place (after I stopped at Chevron for my last pregnancy cherry Coke). Then we went home and packed everyone's bags and got prepared to go to the hospital. We didn't have to be there until 2:30, so sweet Devin decided to go shopping for a Buzz and Woody for Sam, because this is his latest obsession. Devin went to 4 different stores until he found the perfect ones. Sam is in love with his new toys and hasn't put them down since Monday. It is so sweet of Devin to want to get him something special so he would feel loved during all the baby stuff.
When we got all checked in to the hospital and I got hooked up to the monitors and such, the nurse seemed a little shocked because as it turned out I was in early active labor! I told her I had been having consistent cramps all day, and I had even told Devin earlier I thought "something was happening," to which he replied, "Doubt it." It was a nice told- you- so moment when the nurse confirmed my suspicions. (Just a little FYI I am on painkillers right now and am feeling a little loopy as I write this).
Devin and I in our surgery gear
I was pretty apprehensive about having the c-section this time and cried throughout most of the surgery. It's just a weird thing knowing that you are being cut open and being awake for it. Then I couldn't stop crying after Mollie came out because I was so overwhelmed and relieved and in love!
She weighed 8 lbs. 9 oz. Just 4 oz. smaller than Sam was. Devin and I make them big I guess.
Mollie is such a sweet little thing. She seems to be really good-natured and even let me sleep 6 straight hours last night! I'm pretty sure they told me in the hospital to wake her every 3 hours to feed her, but sorry, not happening during the night.
I am recovering from the C-section surprisingly well. 5 hours after the surgery I was already walking the hallways of the hospital. I didn't feel a need for my painkillers by Tuesday morning, but continued to take them as suggested by my nurse. I have a lot of funny stories about the CNAs and nurses that I want to write about, but my current loopiness won't do it any justice.
I am already dealing with Mastitis and actually just got back from urgent care. Why does sickness always set in on the weekends when the doctor's offices are closed?
Here are more pictures of our sweet girl and I am done writing now!

19 comments:
YAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY! Congrats! She's perfect... and totally don't wake her up to feed her, unless she shows signs that she is not getting enough to to eat then you let that baby sleep.
CONGRATS!!! She is such a doll!!!! So glad it all went well and you get to hold your little girl!!! She looks like a Mollie :)
I hope your still recovering well and she is still sleeping good so you can rest :)
So excited for you guys! Congrats Allison !!
aaaaaahhhhhhh! i AM IN LOVE TOO!Sweet baby girls. You do make dang cute babies, cannot wait to see what she looks like as she gets older!!!! Don;t you LOVE accessories!Can we have a becky in our life too! I love that girl! and that lady in your ward may never know...but I hear you about one day being able to pay it back!LOVE the name boards by the way! Cute mom, cute fam!! CONGRATS@! you did it!
She is sooo cute! Can't wait to meet her and get these babies together!
I LOVE HER!!!! Sweet sweet Mollie! I hope you are still feeling ok? Poor thing, i've heard mastitis is the worst, fortunately never been through it myself! I hope it passes quickly! She is such a pretty baby and I can't wait to see you guys and meet her! How is Sam adjusting! He's so cute, love that boy!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
ok, crazy, so i NEVER, i mean NEVER, look at old comments on my older blog posts, BUT, I too was looking back at the post from when I had Camdyn and just saw your comment you left a couple weeks ago, so funny! Glad I looked, and yes, are girls are so so close...those September girls are the COOLEST! ;)
"our" not "are". sorry, you probably got excited that all of my comments were going to be from three different people, not just me over and over again! :)
Way to go!!!! I can't wait to see her!!! She is so adorable :) If you are still not feeling well, I can always bring more food over for the boys and help with Sam remember?!?!?!?! Just let me know.
She's beautiful! I'm so glad your C-section went well and you're healing quickly. Did you nurse Sam? Are you planning on nursing Mollie even with the mastitis? I got the Big M with Lila after 5 days, I quit nursing.
Big babies are awesome. So glad she's sleeping well already.
Oh my goodness... I just can't get over how beautiful and precious your children are! I love them so much! I feel so proud to be related to them! I love that sweet picture of Sam rocking her.
oh.my.goodness.
im in love with her.
i LOVE her little nose.
i hope you get feeling better. i'm pretty sure mastitis is one of the most painful things. good thing you have some painkillers to help! :)
congrats to both of you!!! and sam.
She is DARLING!!! I am so happy you posted pictures. She looks so different than Sam already! It's great to hear it all went so well, and how cool you were already in labor- so she was ready to come out!
I can't wait to meet her!!! Congrats :)
I love love love her!! She is even cuter in person!
Hope you are feelin well. I am planing on having Sam over next week at some point so let me know which days you would prefer.
ALso you blog is no longer private it looks like. The last 25 posts just showed up on my google reader.. just FYI. You might already know that.
Congrats again!
congratulations! You have a beautiful baby girl!! I love the picture of sam rocking mollie! so cute!
How did I not know that you were in labor already! You did not complain one ounce when you were here-except that you were STARVING! And why did I not know that you have the big M? I am so sad to hear that. May I come over and babysit you and the kids this week sometime? I have a terrible rotten cold right now but I can get out my trusty mask again!!! I love you dear daughter-in-law! You sure do make the cutest babies ever. I am missing Sam, by the way!
first off, i'm glad you are not private. Second i am in LOVE with the welcome to the world picture you opened this post up with! I want a picture of my baby like that! Just like that, umbilical cord and EVERYTHING! Amd Third and LOVE HER! I can't wait to meet her and hold her! She is soooo sweet! I'm glad you got to sleep for 6 hours! That is so good! I love you and hope you and your bigger family are ding well. I will have to come and play with sam so he doesn't get jealous. Oh, and for Dixie, she is definitely out of the picture now. hahaha.
She is soooo precious Allison! Wow! One of each-Perfect! I'm glad you're healing faster this time. Good luck with everything. I hope her sleeping habits continue to go well.
Congrats! She is adorable...Oh and I love her name :)
I can't wait to meet sweet Molly. We are FINALLY all healthy around here. Maybe Tuesday??? Call me!
Post a Comment