Tuesday, January 11, 2011

HIDE YA KIDS HIDE YA WIFE!

We have a criminal on the loose in Flagstaff. He is 2 1/2 feet tall, has blonde hair, and lives down the hall from me.

I don't know what to do about my little boy. Today he spared Mollie (minus one slap to the head) and turned on our new friends.

It turns out Sam is not a fan of balsamic vinegar. He doesn't hate it enough, though, because it doesn't deter him from his life of crime.

I HATE seeing my sweet boy lose his title as "my sweet boy." I payed extra attention to him today. I made sure that when we were reading books that he was always in my lap. I held him more than usual. I praised him for the good things I saw him doing. I don't know what to do.

Heaven help us! (Literally)

10 comments:

Stacie Aho said...

Sounds like Sam is a little bit like MJ. I swear, he just turned one day and I about lost my head. Don't worry- he'll mellow out...

Just make sure you get enough "me" time. At nap time, put on a show for the oldest child (if he doesn't nap), and do something that you cannot do while they are awake. You need it!

Good luck. That picture is great!

john and brenda said...

He is still "sweet Sam' no matter how many teeth marks he leave in people! I really can see your sense of humor in your post and I am VERY thankful for that! Praying for you and Sam. Maybe have to fast too! :)

Waters Family said...

I know just what you mean. As soon as I started watching kids chase changed. all of a sudden he is fighting with 2 more kids for attention. We do the vinegar thing but it takes some time for them to really realize it I think. It will get better promise. But it wont be perfect you saw how my house was the other day...kids still fight and claw at each other! They are kids! Have fun! let me know when you are back down here....double date....we have gift cards!!!

Waters Family said...

....chase just saw me looking at your post and he got all excited..."SAM and baby mom!"

Selena and Russ!! said...

sam looks like a lizard menace. hahaha. ps. i like the snowman on the top of your blog. very cute. I wish i was there to help you. at least entertain sam for a bit! i love him!

Brad and Whit said...

Oh my sweet Sam! He's just had a whirlwind of change around him and I think he's freaking out. I'm sure he'll get used to it all and then he'll be the best kid in pre-school!

Marcus, Amy, and Lola said...

I don't have much advice for this one. But I will keep you all in my prayers! Sam is still totally adorable. And also I love the name of your post.

Becky said...

Hide ya kids, hide ya wife...hahaha I can't get the picture of the skiiny black dude saying this out of my head!!!!

Anyways, I am sure that Sam will grow out of this phase and I am sure that it breaks your heart that he does things like this, but he is that age I guess?!!! I dont really know much and can't give you much advice since I have no children, but hang in there and things will turn around, just keep to what you deside on using to help him change his habits :)

The Robertson Family said...

We had a very hard time with Blake after Kierlyn was born. We didn't know what to do, he was so naughty. I took him to a therapist that worked with children. She was awesome. She had us make a stiicker chart for him. If you want more info. I'll email you all the details. It worked great! We did it for a couple of years and he is a different kid! Good luck it's so hard to be a parent sometimes!

Brooklynn said...

run and tell that run and tell that run and tell that homeboy homeboy home home home boy