Monday, September 26, 2011

I've Got to Stop Hanging Around in My Undies.

It is still hot here in Arizona. So hot that I generally rip off my clothes as soon as the kids and I return from our morning errands. I did just that the other day, and was walking around in just my shirt and undies when Sam asked that I go to the car to rescue his Buzz Lightyear toy that he had left in there.

As soon as I had shut the door from the house to the garage I heard a little click and knew that Sam had just locked me out of the house. After trying to explain to him how to unlock it (why is it that kids can never grasp the concept that they can just do what they just did to unlock the darn door?!), I said a prayer and tried to figure out how I was going to get out of this one. I was trapped in the garage in just my shirt and underwear.

I looked around and thankfully found a blanket to wrap myself in. I opened the garage and very coolly ran over to my neighbor Shauna's house. How amazing is this: I had just given her a spare key the day before just in case I ever ran into a situation like this. Yep, Heavenly Father loves me.

Thanks be to God, Shauna, and my now favorite blanket.

7 comments:

Becky said...

oh man that is hilarious...but I am glad you got back in the house and that you had a blanket in the garage!!!!!

Selena and Russ!! said...

hahahaha, wow, this is a pretty funny story. good thing she had a spare key! And good thing you had a blankie! haha! What if you didn't!? THAT would be embarrassing....

The Robertson Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Robertson Family said...

Yikes, but well played mom! We sooo... need to get together! I'm sure you and Devin need to get out together anyway. Maybe a double date???

Mindy said...

You are so lucky to have Shauna as a neighbor! I wish I had an lds neighbor so close. And I thought your post was going to say something else. Since I do the same thing, and now Ashlyn is taking after me and taking her pants off when she's hot. I hope she doesn't do that at a friends house or at school when she's older. haha!

john and brenda said...

What...no picture of this post???!!!

Shauna said...

What? You didn't just break the door handle in again??? LOL! Why does it seem like Shauna's are always involved when you lock yourself out! So glad you were prepared this time!!