A few years ago my family and I (before we were all married off) were eating at a Chinese Buffet (I know, gross) on the 4th of July. As we were leaving, I dared my mom to yell a holiday greeting to the whole restaurant. My mom accepted the challenge. She straightened her shoulders, put her chin up, and shouted in her southern accent, "HAPPY FOURTH OF JOO-LIE EVERYBODY!" I don't remember if anybody said anything back, but this is a moment I will never forget. Even though they weren't even there, Devin and even Selena still bring this up to me every year. I have to admit my mom's famous line was playing in my head repeatedly this past Monday.
No famous memories were made this year, but here's what we did do.
Millie and Mollie hanging out. They are going to be BFF.
naked swimming in Grandpa & Gogo's pool. It's the kids' favorite pastime. Yes the adults were clothed (this year).
Waiting for Rich's fireworks show. I actually got Mollie to go to sleep over there, so she missed all the festivities.
Bastian had to guard his life while Sam was holding a sparkler. Notice Bastian's new short hair cut!
This time next year she will have 2 babies on her lap.
Ashlyn preparing herself for the loudness of the fireworks.We had a great time crashing John & Brenda's house while they were out of town. HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY EVERYBODY!
3 comments:
Your mom sounds funny! Mine would NEVER do something like that! haha. Mollie is so dang cute!! I want to have a little Mollie too! :) Glad you had a good 4th!
Thanks for the Pictures Allison. That was a fun night, I'm so glad we all got together!
That line was in my head, too! Oh Mom!
Post a Comment