Devin worked on a tile job until the wee hours of the morning today. Knowing that he needed to sleep and that he couldn't do so if the kids were home (there is no keeping them quiet), I packed up the kids and left the house. I didn't know where to go or what to do, but I somehow ended up at Cabela's. My friend Tatum once coined this store as "The Free Zoo." If you have been there, you know that there are life-sized animals on display throughout the store. They are all dead, but my kids are little and didn't seem to care. Not only is it free to walk around and look at all the animals, but it is air conditioned! How heavenly on a day like today to do something inside. Sam and Mollie seemed genuinely entertained. We were even able to leave with only 2 minor tragedies occurring; Mollie having a nasty diarrhea diaper and Sam losing his toy car.
For dinner tonight I made the best whole wheat pizza I have ever had. I got the recipe here. I was pretty impressed with myself. Even Sam ate it, and he's not even that big of a pizza fan.
1 comment:
If you ever want company on a trip to Cabellas or anywhere, call me! I have never been there! Also, your pizza looks divine! What a homemaker you are!
Post a Comment