Sweet little Sam stopped napping a few months ago. I don't know how he does it, but he can run laps up and down the hallway from sunup to sundown and never stop to rest. It is mind boggling.
With my new schedule of having the kids all to myself right up until bedtime, I AM EXHAUSTED. When "me time" rolls around (7 p.m. ish), I try to accomplish all the things I need and want to do. I am not a happy, fulfilled girl until I have exercised and read my scriptures. Lately, my scripture time has been my last task of the day, and I feel like I rush through it just so I can check it off my list. I hate this. Back when my name was still "Allison" and not "Mommy," I used to get up 2 hours before I had to. I would grab my cup of coffee (which switched to my cup of hot chocolate when I became a Mormie), have a great quiet time with the Lord, then head to the treadmill. This routine was heaven. I got my direction and guidance for the day, and I also took care of my body, which made me feel confident and energized and HAPPY.
I could do the whole wake-up-before-I-have-to thing now, but that would mean waking up at 3:30 a.m. Nope not happening. My heart breaks a little bit each morning when Sam calls from his room and it's not even 6 yet. Gross.
I had a very wise friend in Surprise who told me once about the whole concept of making covenants with God. I'm not talking about the covenants we all know about; baptism, marriage, etc. I'm talking about personal, individualized, new covenants. She told me that since God is unchangeable and has always made covenants with his children throughout history, that it is also possible for each one of us.
Last weekend I made a covenant with my Heavenly Father that if He would make Sam start napping again, that I would use that time to study my scriptures.

Sam took 4 naps this week.
8 comments:
AMAZING!! I love this!!
You have so much faith, and I love it. How wonderful Heavenly Father made this work for you!! :) He truly does love us more than we know.
Thats awesome! I love these experiences that help to strengthen our testimonies of a loving Father in Heaven who really is listening! SO happy you were blessed in this way!
That is awesome!
Love it!
Heavenly Father is so gracious in helping us do what He knows will make us happy! Your great faith helps too!
I am sorry that you are a single mommy!
allison. this last sentence gave me so much happiness! That is so amazing! It's so wonderful how if we follow Heavenly Father that he will take care of you. I do not have to energetic children and I still struggle to ready my scriptures. You inspire me all the time! I am going to do the same thing!
Post a Comment