Monday, April 19, 2010
Gaining Weight isn't Nearly as Fun as Losing it.
This past Friday, I weighed myself for the first time this pregnancy at my in-law's house. The verdict: 17.7 lbs. gained. Oh gosh it's starting again. I knew it would. I can feel my body growing but I just can't seem to come to terms with the fact that I AM going to get as big as I did with Sam and I MIGHT get even bigger. Some of you may be wondering where the heck my Maker's Diet passion went. I have tried twice to hop back on the bandwagon, but when I do I usually end up throwing up (lack of carbs, I guess?) I asked my doctor if it is safe to try and go back on my diet, and he said absolutely yes, since it's not really a diet (not restricting how much you eat) as it is a healthful way of eating. See? I still believe in it! I just don't practice what I preach anymore. That's ok though. At least I have a battle plan for how to lose the weight after this baby. As far as not feeling huge and insecure for the next 5 months? I don't have a battle plan for that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I've surrendered to my body. I NEED to be a comfy grandma don't I!(Notice that that was not a question.)
When I saw you in March you looked GREAT! Seriously! You will be fine!!!! You are BEAUTIFUL, plus you know how to lose it after the baby! Just don't worry too much about it, really, you look awesome!
I understand... but don't worry- I'll still like you even if you gain 200 pounds
Embrace the hugeness it's the only way to get through pregnancy then worry about it when it's over iguess when you feel you have to. You look great anyway!!!!!
allison, i haven't seen you, but im sure you look great! you're beautiful! and its only for a couple more months...and you get a beautiful baby out of it. seriously, totally worth it. look at sweet little sam and tell me it wasn't worth every pound. you'll feel the same with this one, i promise.
Post a Comment