Do you ever have those moments when you say something and instantly think, "why the heck did that come out of my mouth?!"
For this Monday's family night activity, Devin and I dropped off jars of jam (Maw-Maw and Paw-Paw taught me how to make it) to all the new neighbors who had recently moved in. Most of the families weren't home, so we ended up leaving a jar with a "welcome to the neighborhood" note taped to each. This aftenoon there was a knock at the door. It was one of the recipients of the jam, a cute young couple, and they had stopped by to thank us. They were extremely nice, and we got to talking about the neighborhood, how much we love it, etc. They made a comment on how we are lucky because our yard is small, which means not as much yard work. Then they said, "yeah, our yard is huge. We've got all that grass." My witty reply was, "Oh yeah, I know. My dog pees on it all the time."
All my recovery comments after that were useless. We are now known as the weird people on our new neighbors' street.
5 comments:
oh man I LOVE you! We need to live by eachother one day, just the other night I was making fun of Utah accents around about 12 women of whom around 8 were from Utah! talk about foot in mouth. I regreted saying my little comment about halfway through saying it! I understand your pain and miss you dearly, did you see I tried calling you today, just to chat! you"re awesome!
Oh yes we ALL have our moments!!! What you said was funny.....now they will be watching out for your dog!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
yah. i would totally label you as weird after that one!
Good job allison.
You are hilarious!!
I have at least one of those a day! How about this "Thank you for coming over so much."!!!
Post a Comment